The Steele PTA Mission
Our mission is to “create a community of Steele” that embraces the Steele Elementary School core values, encourages involvement and volunteerism, and advocates for an exceptional, well-rounded educational experience for our children.
Meetings: Second Tuesday each month, from Sept-May, at 6 p.m. in the school library. Onsite childcare always available for $3/child.
PTA Bylaws 2011 - 2014
The Steele PTA supports the following values:
- We value our children.
- We value parents.
- We value faculty and staff.
- We value volunteers.
- We value community.
- We value collaboration.
Steele PTA advocates for our children through the following goals:
- Deliver enriching programs for Steele students parents, and families.
- Create a sustainable method to fund a second educator in each classroom.
- Provide resources to teachers.
- Promote a culture of parent volunteerism.
- Maintain effective communication within the Steele community.
- Foster collaboration and partnership with faculty.
- Provide education on legislative and advocacy initiatives.
- Support philanthropic efforts in our school and community.
Steele PTA sponsors:
- Funding for 2nd Educators in the classroom - Academic Development Fund (ADF)
- Teachers/specials stipends for classroom supplies
- Steele School Scholarship Fund
- Art and Science Family Nights
- School Activities & Events (science, theater, music, dance performances, physical education)
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Gifts
- Library Grants
- Steele Garden - "Greening of Steele"
- PTA Website
- School Directory
- Parenting Seminars
Major PTA Projects Underway:
PTA Website redesign
Business sponsorship packages
Volunteer database and process
- New school directory software
2013/14 Fundraising Goal - $150,000:
$91,000 2nd Educators