We accomplish annual fundraising through three major efforts:
What does the Steele PTA provide with these funds?
- 80% of Funds Raised are Given Directly to Steele Elementary to Subsidize Staffing (i.e. Music, Art, P.E., Drama, Gifted/Talented, Special Education, Paraprofessionals, etc)
- 20% of Funds Raised are used for Steele PTA Operational Costs:
- Special Events - Field Day, Art Show, Science Fair, 5th Grade Continuation, Popsicle Social, Auction Fundraiser, S.C.A.T. Club, Holi, Eid, Steele Garden, Fall Auction Fundraiser, Wash Park Home Tour, Spring Mixer, First Day of School Coffee, Coffees with Principal, Teacher Appreciation Week, Family Movie Nights, Middle School Information Night, Parent Education Seminars, Contributions to the L.O.V.V.E. local non-profit and more!
- Monetary stipends for all teachers to purchase additional supplies for classrooms
- Special funding requests that have historically included outdoor picnic tables, promethean boards, classroom computers, iPads, permanent art installations, and more
- Online school directory on our volunteer website: MySchoolAnywhere.com
- School communications: Steele Stallion Press, Steele PTA Website
We need you to be one of the 200 volunteers it takes every year to do this. There are opportunities for you to be involved that match your interests, talents and any amount of time you can volunteer.